In May of 2006, through the guidance and leading of the Holy Spirit, the McDonald Presbyterian Church became a united congregation of the two, neighboring, longest-standing Presbyterian congregations in McDonald, PA and thus further rooted and grounded itself in the love of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 3:17), as well as firmly established itself as a house of Christian worship, life, and fellowship for the town of McDonald and the surrounding communities. As of November 1st, 2013 the congregation is a member of a new denomination: ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians.
The previously independent congregations were known and recognized most recently as the Calvary Presbyterian Church, located on the corner of West Lincoln Avenue and Station Street and the Trinity Presbyterian Church, located on the corner of Grant Street and Station Street. The two churches were separated by Grant Street, a one-way, one-lane street, which became emblematic of the direction that the Holy Spirit was leading the two congregations: One way, His way.
The two congregations date back to the latter 1800s, with Calvary (originally named the First United Presbyterian Church of McDonald) being formed in 1876 and Trinity (originally named the First Presbyterian Church of McDonald) being formed in 1885.
Two formerly separate church buildings and families are now
merged into one, with a united future in mind: Worshiping Jesus Christ,
following the Holy Spirit's guidance, and listening to the Father's call to
mission in the 21st Century.
McDonald Presbyterian Church has a lot of history to be made, and YOU can help make it!